Thinkbook by bitolithic is the killer application for iPad in my book. It has helped me organize my notes and keep track of todo’s in a way that feels comfortable to me, mainly because it is so flexible (todo’s can be put right in the notes, yet an overall ‘Dashboard’ can be created to give a consolidated view of all of those todo’s – very neat and powerful).
Some of the main features of Thinkbook include;
- Plenty of note types: text notes, todos, questions and projects. Notebooks and pages behave like notes too so you move them around however you like using the slider.
- Use special finder notes to create dashboards. This feature is powerful, let’s you organize your todo’s basically any way you like, yet you can still get a view that consolidates them.
- The slider, a brand new way to make new notes and rearrange, move, copy and delete existing ones.
- Tag everything you can see. They’re inherited, tag a notebook with ‘work’ and every note in it will be treated as work.
- Fast search for text and tags.
- Dropbox integration. Backup and restore to Dropbox, export and import notes, pages, notebooks and projects as text, work on them on your PC, then import them back into ThinkBook.
- Easily email notes, pages or books.
The only thing missing for me is a desktop counterpart. If bitolithic would just come up with a PC and Apple desktop version, I believe they would have a hit application on their hands. I highly recommend Thinkbook to all iPad users.